No more counters, no more queues.
Get a quote or make a booking via our site or visit Woodford for Car Hire in South Africa.
If you don’t want to book online we have a 24 hour reservations call centre that can provide you with a quote based on your needs.
Reservations number 031 337 8602
About Durban, South Africa
Durban is often referred to as "South Africa's most cheery city" or even "South Africa's Playground in the Sun".
Durban is the third most populated city boasting Africa's busiest port as well as major local and international tourism. It is the country's number one holiday destination throughout the year and it's not difficult to understand why.
Durban is situated on the East Coast of South Africa in Kwazulu Natal, just a 1 hour flight from Johannesburg and 2 hours from Cape Town. Durban International Airport is located just 15 minutes from the city centre.
Durban boasts a year round warm tropical climate with hot, humid summers and warm sunny winters.
View more detailed climate data for Durban according to the South African Weather Service
Attractions around Durban:
- Suncoast Casino & Entertainment World - Casino, Movies, Restaurants & Private Beach (Suncoast Boulevard, Marine Parade, Durban, 031-328 3000)
- Ushaka Marine World - the largest marine park in Africa including Sea World & Aquarium, Water Theme Park "Wet & Wild", Shops & Restaurants (1 Bell Street, Point, Durban, 031-328 8000)
- Wilsons Wharf - Shops, Restaurants, Bars & Live Theatre (Durban Esplanade)
- Durban Ice Rink - Indoor skating for the whole family (Sol Harris Crescent, North Beach, 031-332 4597)
- Mini Town - A miniature sized version of Durban (15 Snell Parade, North Beach, 031-337 7892)
- Indoor Rock Climbing - climb indoor rock walls with safety ropes (Gateway Shopping Centre, Umhlanga, 031-566 4955)
- Wave House - ride manmade waves on surf/boogie boards (Gateway Shopping Centre, Umhlanga, 031-570 9200)
- Mitchell Park Zoo - Zoo & Park with children's playground (Innes Road, Morningside, Durban, 031-303 2275)
- Sharks Board - learn about the sharks off our coast (1A Herrwood Drive, Umhlanga Ridge, 031-566 0400)
- Umgeni River Bird Park - wide variety of birds and daily bird show (490 Riverside Road, Durban North, 031-579 4600)
Attractions outside of Durban:
- Phezulu - (Valley of 1000 Hills,35km from Durban, 031-777 1000)
- Crocworld - (Scottburgh, South Coast, 039-976 1103)
- Sibaya Casino & Entertainment Kingdom (1 Sibaya Drive, Umhlanga Rocks, 031-580 5000)
- North & South Coast beach holiday destination resorts
- Drakensburg & the Midlands
- Many Golfing resorts available
- Many Game Lodges if you are interested in a true African Safari experience
- The Absa Stadium - home of the Natal Sharks Rugby
- Sahara Park Kingsmead - home of the Natal Dolphins Cricket
- Moses Mabhida Stadium - host to the FIFA World Cup Soccer 2010
- Kings Park Swimming Complex
- Greyville Race Course - home to South Africa's premier horse racing event: the Vodacom July Handicap
- Virginia Air show
- Mr Price Pro Surfing Competition - held every July and part of the ASP world circuit (North Beach)
- Amashovashova cycle race
- Comrades Marathon
- Dusi Canoe marathon
- Many municipal and private Golf Courses to choose from
- The International Convention Centre Durban - host to many local and international conferences, indabas, exhibitions, weddings and the likes (45 Ordnance Road, Durban, 031-360 1000)